Wednesday, January 16, 2013
9:46 PM Christian Lamitschka No comments
The Carter Brothers Band Returns From Week In Key West, Celebrates Fan Club's Fifth Anniversary
Compass Records Act Performs At Hog's Breath Saloon Amid Fan Club Festivities
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (January 16, 2013) - Compass Records recording artist
the Carter Brothers Band has returned from a seven-night run in Key West, Fla., where the musicians hung out with fans from across the United States to commemorate the official fan club's fifth anniversary during the day and performed to standing-room-only crowds during the night at the popular Hog's Breath Saloon.
A few fans take a break from the dancing and smile for the camera while Compass Records recording act the Carter Brothers Band plays at Hog's Breath Saloon,
Key West, Fla.
"We left Key West after a week of playing music we love, being with people we genuinely have come to care about and 80-degree weather and came home to Nashville's icy cold. Let's go back to Key West!" says vocalist/guitarist Danny Carter, laughing.
"The week really was memorable," says Tim Carter, vocalist/banjo and mandolinist. "Each night, we were surrounded by some of the finest people you'll ever meet - it's a bonus that they love the Carter Brothers music! It felt like a family reunion!"
Alex Counts, founder of The Carter Brothers Fan Club, organized multiple activities throughout the week for the fan club members who traveled to Florida's southernmost tip, including a celebration luncheon. The luncheon/mixer is a tradition that has occurred for the past four years.
"This past week marked the fifth anniversary of the official start of the Carter Brothers Fan Club," Counts says, "so several of the diehard fans decided to travel to Key West to celebrate with our fan club's namesake! The week couldn't have been better! We sang, danced, ate, made new friends, visited with old ones and added lots
of embarrassing pictures to the Fan Club scrapbook! Priceless!"
The Carter Brothers Band in action at Hog's Breath Saloon, Key West, Fla. Pictured, left to right: Adam Chaffins, vocalist/bass player; Danny Carter, vocals/guitar; Dann Sherrill, drummer/percussionist; Tim Carter, vocals/banjo/mandolin
In addition to the nightly shows and fan club gatherings, the band headlined a fundraiser for local resident and friend, Katharine Doughty, who is recovering from breast cancer. Many local musicians also participated in the concert for Doughty, a local artisan, including Ericson Holt on keyboards, Richard Crooks on drums and Poco singer Paul Cotton.
The Carter Brothers is scheduled to return to Key West and Hog's Breath Saloon in April; visit carterbrothersband.com for specific dates.
The Carter Brothers Fan Club Annual Luncheon -
"Actually, it's a friends' club.": Rosalie Caudle, fan club member
About The Carter Brothers:
"Tim and Dan are blood related to A.P., Sarah and Maybelle Carter but they don't make a big deal out of it. Like their mama, who taught them to rinse collard greens in the Maytag, (the Carter Brothers) make their old-timey music with tried and true ingredients and modern appliances," says esteemed mandolinist and vocalist Tim O'Brien, friend to Tim and Danny Carter.
Coupling exemplary musicianship with the kind of tight harmony only siblings can claim, the Carter Brothers have been performing around the country... and the world... to adoring fans for more than two decades. Natives of High Point, N.C., Tim and Danny Carter moved to Nashville 15 years ago, quickly earning respect that crossed musical genres. After years of producing and releasing their music themselves, the brothers signed a recording contract in 2011 with Compass Records.
The Road To Roosky, the Carter Brothers' first Compass Records CD, was released in 2012, garnering accolades and praise from around the world for its melding of bluegrass and blues.
"I've been playing with my brother for so long and he's such a blues guitar player that all of that rubbed off on my playing through the years. I wanted to make sure that the banjo on this was not so much about playing Earl Scruggs style banjo but that (the banjo) fit these tunes," says Tim Carter of his playing on The Road To Roosky.
The act's next CD, Where the Green Grass Meets The Bluegrass, is due out in 2013 on Compass Records. The project features the Carter Brothers and Barney McKenna, renowned Irish banjo player of the The Dubliners in McKenna's final recordings before his death in 2012.
Posted in: Country Music News
- Christina Lamitschka on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on LinkIn
- Country Music News International Group on Facebook
- Country Music News International Group on Google+
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Monday and Wednesday 15:00 - 17:00 (GMT) 16:00 - 18:00 Central European Time 9 am - 11 am Nashville Time On Tyrone Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Tuesday and Thursday 1100 - 1300 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Irish Country Radio
- Country Music News International Radio Show Every Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00 (GMT) 12:00 - 14:00 Central European Time 6 am - 8 am Nashville Time On Country Kanalen
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Dallas Music
- Eagle Country Radio
- Eliza Music
- Lucy Malheur
- Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Richard Lynch
- Stephanie Grace
- Tennessee Tourism
- ► July (41)
- ► June (133)
- ► May (139)
- ► April (152)
- ► March (106)
- ► February (88)
- ► January (126)
- ► December (95)
- ► November (91)
- ► October (63)
- ► September (131)
- ► August (174)
- ► July (208)
- ► June (179)
- ► May (220)
- ► April (190)
- ► March (188)
- ► February (164)
- CHARLEY PRIDE TOUR 2013
- The Carter Brothers Band Returns From Week In Key ...
- TIMELESS HITS FROM THE PAST NO. 1 DEBUT ON BILLBOA...
- 17.01.2013 CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinweis...
- 17.01.2013 CD Veröffentlichung / News / TV Hinweis...
- Tate Stevens Signs Record Deal With Syco Music/RCA...
- COLT FORD KICKS OFF 2013 WITH FIRST INTERNATIONAL ...
- Country Thunder Releases Last of 4-Day Passes
- MUSTANG SALLY HITS THE ROAD IN 2013
- Country Music News International January 16. 2013
- LeAnn Rimes talks about her new album SPITFIRE
- The Spinney Brothers Perform Benefit Concert for I...
- Kellie Pickler, You And Your Dog Have Dinner
- Feb schedule for Debi Champion's writers nights at...
- JANIE PRESTON - Boots & Bows ( CD Review)
- STORM SNOW - Home Grown ( CD Review)
- ▼ Jan 16 (16)
- ► December (171)
- ► November (206)
- ► October (227)
- ► September (243)
- ► August (229)
- ► July (256)
- ► June (221)
- ► May (317)
- ► April (287)
- ► March (245)
- ► February (248)
- ► January (231)
- ► December (217)
- ► November (249)
- ► October (273)
- ► September (308)
- ► August (236)
- ► July (248)
- ► June (262)
- ► May (193)
- ► April (329)
- ► March (372)
Powered by Blogger.